- Requirements for research software change as the experiments progress.
- Software needs to be extendable as the experiments progress.
- Software needs to change function when the experiments change.
- Writing new software for each experiment is slow to program and the
software never gets optimized or debugged well.
- Data needs to be is easily accessible and resuable formats.
Generating data in the laboratory is usually the hardest step. Get the most from data
by encouraging more analysis.
- Bioinformatics work often involves intersecting or correlating different sets of data
together, so make it as easy as possible to work with the data.